1. I went to the Dowse in the weekend
2. It was my best visit since the revamped building opened
3. [Although the location of the front door *still* confuses me]
4. It was my best visit, because:
- there was a lot of art shows
- there was a variety of art shows
- the art shows looked good (finally)
6. I thought that Michael Parekowhai's Jim McMurtry looked better at Christchurch Art Gallery - the person with me thought it stood up well in the claustrophobic black-walled gallery. We agreed it looked even better when the lights came on. Still dispute Dowse publicity that the bunny is "catching a few z's" - it's dead, right?
7. The Cao Fei show (via Artspace and the IMA, Brisbane) was a bit of a revelation. First time I've seen really good Second Life art. Fascinating RMB City project, and plain good-looking stuff. Even managed to hold its own in that truly weirdly shaped gallery.
8. Go. Please. Enjoy. Be grateful.