Wednesday 13 April 2011

Theft, cultural archaeology, politicial dissidents

UPDATE So, that's what I was going to talk about. My time got crunched though and I ended up having 3.5 minutes to burble away about Ai Weiwei. More Stevenson next time.

Today on the radio I'm going to be talking about Michael Stevenson's survey show at the MCA, Ai Weiwei's detainment by Chinese authorities, and 'The Art of the Steal', which is playing around the country as part of this year's World Cinema Showcase (and, if I get time, a plug for 'Herb and Dorothy' as well).

These are the links I sent to Radio NZ (plus a few more)

Art documentaries

The Art of the Steal schedule - World Cinema Showcase

The Art of the Steal trailer - IFC Films

Review of The Art of the Steal - New York Times

Herb and Dorothy website

The Vogel 50x50 art website

Michael Stevenson

Michael Stevenson exhibition website

Michael Stevenson's website

Ai Weiwei

Ai Weiwei petition

International museums call for Ai Weiwei's release - ArtInfo.com

Ai Weiwei's last interview - The Guardian

Ai Weiwei - strange new accusations - ArtInfo.com

No comments: