Another potential addition to the bookshelves: Paige West's The Art of Buying Art: An Insider's Guide to Collecting Contemporary Art
In an excerpt from the book on Artinfo.com, 6 breeds of collectors are described:
- The Decorator (art matches the curtains)
- The Investor (art is like the stock market)
- The Specialist (art fits with your idiosyncratic interest)
- The Vacationer (art gets bought on holiday)
- The Thrill Seeker (artist X is, like, so hot right now)
- The Addict (art is a compulsion).