- Temperatures (Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City has turned down the thermostat)
- Free drinks (MoMA won't be hosting any parties at Art Basel Miami Beach this year)
- Staff numbers (the Contemporary Museum in Honolulu has laid off nearly half its staff).
- Interest rates on the variable auction-rate securities (I don't know what that means but the big US art museums have some fancy-pants ways with money)
- "Your name here" spaces for corporate sponsors on the wall, and in the front of job titles (think 'the Ernst & Young Curator of Contemporary New Zealand Art').
In equally dramatic oh-noes! news: all Conde Nast publications have been told to cut both staff and ops budgets by 5%. This includes two titles quite dear to my heart, the New Yorker and Wired. And I thought my week couldn't get any worse.