Friday 29 March 2013

High rotate

A slightly soppier, slower, more sentimental selection.

Wales (aka Samuel Aaron Bennett) is a new discovery - sparse and spangly


Delay Trees are nothing new in their native Finland, but are new to me. Their latest release - 'Doze' - is from the end of last year and the embed below has three tracks from it. 'Pause' is over eight minutes of what I think of as 'car-jam'; lose-yourself-in-it driving music. 'HML' is quite shoe-gazy and has every girl's favourite refrain: 'just the way you are ...'. And 'Future' reminds me of a super-distorted Weezer.



And finally. Recently I woke up with INXS's 'Never Tear Us Apart' in my head. A friend sent me a link to this lovely, lovely cover - check out the dramatic jacket removal at about 2.10. I love it.

No comments: