Monday 13 April 2020

Reading list, 13 April 2020

Cultural sector

Colleen Dilenschneider is releasing regular updates to the (American) audience surveys about appetite to return to cultural organisations after lock-down

The National Library of New Zealand on how they're documenting online life during Covid-19

The best piece I've read so far on abruptly moving to working with remote teams, by Mandy Brown

This Happy Museum piece is good - How might museums help us navigate beyond our current crisis? - but actually I really liked how they presented it as a Twitter thread

From Mass Action: How Are We [Museums] Centering Equity in this Time?

Leadership

This (short) reframing of the idea of "accountability" in the workplace has really helped me deal with a word I usually find to be weaponised.

This tweet thread from whoever @LewSOS is (apologies Lew) is really interesting. The observation is that we are all getting much the same data right now, but the speed at which you can form and announce an opinion based on that data, compared to the speed at which you can form and announce an implementation plan based on that data, are quite different.

Three reasons why Jacinda Ardern’s coronavirus response has been a masterclass in crisis leadership: direction-giving, meaning-making and empathy.

Deloitte's think piece: thrive scenarios for resilient leaders - different ways the world might come out of Covid-19 (more or less trust in government, technology, other people ...)

Feelings

I keep returning to this piece by Emma Pattee in the New York TimesThe Difference Between Worry, Stress and Anxiety

Every couple of days I also contemplate this graphic (which I can't find an original source for):



With a lot more walking in my life, I'm doing a lot more podcast listening nowadays, including RNZ's Coronavirus podcast (I enjoy their focused approach) but most especially How's Work? with Esther Perel, from Gimlet Media (the workplace counselling podcast you didn't know you needed in your life).

Light relief

The social media phenomena of people recreating portraits in their own homes has been pretty great, but I truly applaud my friend (and cultural sector champion Glen Barnes) for this one:

No comments: