Tuesday 20 December 2011

My year in reading

Inspired by my friend Emma, I've been reviewing my year in reading. I collect (almost) all the books, and (almost) everything I think about them on Goodreads.

I can't quite be arsed recording everything here again, so here are some screenshots:





Overall, the differences between 2010 and 2011 seem to be:
  • more poetry
  • more YA
  • less science
  • more World War One memoirs
  • less contemporary fiction
I'm not sure what the 2012 focus will be. In the meantime, here are the books I gave 5 stars this year:
  • Meg Rosoff, There is No Dog
  • Muriel Spark, The Driver's Seat
  • Margaret Mahy, Memory
  • Nicholson Baker, The Anthologist
  • Robert Graves, Goodbye to all that
  • Colette, Cheri and The Last of Cheri
  • W.H. Auden, Another Time
  • Judith Schalansky, Atlas of Remote Islands
  • Lauren Redniss, Radioactive: Marie and Pierre Curie
  • Sarah Bakewell, How to Live: A Life of Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Answers
  • Rebecca Skloot, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
  • Nick Lane, Life Ascending: The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution (December 29 2010, but hey ...)






No comments: